NJ Wedding Planner Tips
By GEOFF CAPLAN
New Jersey wedding planner Michelle Perez has encountered every possible situation when looking forward to a wedding. Would you like to avoid stress? Have a successful event? Here are some great tips from Michelle.
1. Consider your requirements. What kind of wedding service do you need? It's important to narrow down your choices based on your specific needs and preferences. A wedding planner can help.
2. The planner will coordinate activities on the day of the event (and be present only on your wedding day.
3. The NJ wedding planner recommends different vendors based on your preferences.
4. Comprehensive service offerings. The planner is in charge of everything, from selecting a location to reserving a church to assisting with service providers, among other things.
5. Maybe your event will be small, and you will want the planner's assistance to monitor a few aspects while you manage the rest of the arrangements.
6. Take into account their educational and professional history. Consider the following scenario: Perhaps you are searching for someone who will do all of the labor and collaborate with you as a partner but who will also give you the freedom to express your creativity when the opportunity presents itself. Another possibility is that you're seeking someone who can bring a solid mix of both creativity and order to the table.
7. Previous experience. How long have they been in business? A credible wedding planner will be willing to demonstrate their dependability and expertise upon request. Examples include the ability to provide you with references from previous customers so that you may talk with them directly. They must be willing to show you examples of their work. They should provide you with an extensive collection of wedding photographs and movies to choose from. Of course, references from the service providers they had the most contact with. Feel free to inquire about the work history of your prospective wedding planner, but be suspicious if they are hesitant to provide you with this information.
8. Take into consideration their training. What kind of training did they have before becoming a wedding planner? What is their background? For example, is it in a relevant industry such as event planning? This will provide you with more insight into the sort of planner they are and what motivated them to pursue a career in this field in the first place. In addition to being excellent wedding planners, many are also enthusiastic about weddings, which is shown in their understanding of the most recent trends and wedding fashions.
9. Consider their communication, organizational, and professional abilities. Have they shown a high level of professionalism and dependability from the beginning of your interactions with them? A competent wedding planner, especially one with whom you will constantly communicate daily, should respond to emails as soon as possible. The responses should be comprehensive. Writing three or four emails might be inconvenient only to get one complete answer. If you have an emergency during your wedding planning process, you want to feel confident that they will react quickly.
10. Personality. The wedding planner should be courteous and accommodating to your hectic schedules. They should be flexible and adaptable, honest and realistic about your wedding vision, and whether or not they can make it happen within your budget to avoid any unpleasant surprises later on in the planning process. Starting from the time you first communicate with them, you should convey your message effectively.
11. Cost structure. Your New Jersey wedding planner should be transparent about calculating their rates and should make you aware of any unexpected expenditures that may arise later in the planning process. Example: If you are paying an all-inclusive flat rate, inquire whether they will handle all aspects of your destination wedding (not just the ceremony and reception, for example). On the other hand, if your wedding planner is paid on a % or hourly basis, determine What is the total number of hours included in the package? Does the company provide unlimited consultations and telephone calls? If your wedding budget changes and the percentage-based charge drops, would you be forced to take on the part of the wedding planning responsibilities yourself? Before committing to a wedding planner, it is critical to have this information to know precisely what you are getting yourself into.
12. Work philosophy. Are they solo practitioners, or do they operate in a group? There is no right or wrong answer - this is a highly personal decision, and each couple understands what they want. However, if the wedding planner works alone, make sure they have a contingency plan in place in case of an emergency. If they operate as a team, you will have the benefit of having a variety of individuals at your disposal. Still, you must also ensure that you know your primary point of contact. This individual should be your point of contact, and they should be present on your wedding day, along with the rest of the party's members.
13. Take into consideration how others have understood your vision. Your relationship with your fiancé is unique, and your wedding vision is as well! It is the responsibility of a professional NJ wedding planner to understand you and consider your ideas to build an even better version of your ideal wedding.
14. Finally, and maybe most crucially, think about how well you get along with your wedding planner. The relationship you form with your wedding planner during the first stages of communication will set the tone for how smoothly your wedding will go. You want to be confident that your wedding planner will always be looking out for your best interests throughout the process. This individual will play a significant role on your wedding day, and you will feel more comfortable dealing with someone whom you trust and in whom you can place your trust.
These are only 14 of the most critical considerations to consider when selecting a wedding planner and there are many more. These tips from Michelle will make the decision-making process that much more straightforward and give you peace of mind that you have engaged the right wedding planner for your New Jersey wedding.